Student Data We Collect
We do not require students to register for an Account to use Socrative. To log on to Socrative, each student is prompted to enter either a unique and anonymous assessment ID, which will be provided to the student by a teacher, or a unique and anonymous student ID generated either by the school or by Socrative.
If a teacher chooses to register a student for an Account, Socrative will generate a user name and temporary password and provide directly to the teacher who may then share with the student. The only information we collect directly from the student is a permanent password for their Account.
We may collect a student’s name, assessment information, and other information as directed by the student’s teacher or school. We limit the information we collect about students to only that information necessary to provide the Service. We do not use the student’s personal data for our own commercial purposes.
We collect atudent assessment responses and may archive evidence of learning.
What We Use This Information For
- To provide students access to our Services;
- To facilitate creation of an Account on our Site or App;
- To identify students as users in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Site, App and Services;
- To send students an email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- To provide students, parents and teachers with information and reports about student performance and use of the Site, App, and Services.