When you disable the setting for One Attempt, students may retake an active quiz many times. If a student logs out during a quiz, they may login again and restart the quiz. Free accounts, and PRO rooms without rosters, can not limit quiz attempts and the setting is disabled by default.
When you enable the setting for One Attempt, you effectively ensure that the student can only take the quiz once; students will not be able to retake the same quiz multiple times. However, if a student logs out while the quiz is running, they can log back in and continue the quiz from where they stopped.
Enabling One Attempt is only available to teachers with PRO accounts and is limited to rooms with rosters. The setting is enabled by default in rooms with rosters.
How to Limit Quiz Attempts
- Click on Launch, then click Quiz.
- Select the quiz you want to run.
- Select how you want to run your quiz:
- Instant Feedback—Students receive immediate right/wrong feedback and explanations (if applicable) after every question. Students answer questions in order and cannot skip or change their answers. You can monitor their progress from the Live Results table.
- Open Navigation—Students have the ability to skip questions, edit their answers, and navigate the quiz at their own pace. Once they've finished, they can submit the entire assessment. You can monitor their progress from the Live Results table.
- Teacher Paced—You control the flow of questions; send one question at a time and observe responses as they happen. You can also skip and revisit questions.
- In the Settings section, enable the One Attempt toggle. This toggle is enabled by default for quizzes run in rostered rooms.