How to Use the Excel Quiz Import Template
- Click on Quizzes.
- Next, click on Add Quiz and select Import.
- On the Import Quiz dialog, click the link for "Download Template".
- Open the downloaded “socrativeQuizTemplate.xlsx” file in Microsoft Excel or an Excel-compatible spreadsheet program and follow the embedded, numbered steps.
- Step 1: Enter the name of the quiz.
- Step 2: In the Question Type, select either “Open-ended” or “Multiple choice”; if you're typing this manually, please keep in mind that these are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown in order to be recognized by Socrative.
- Step 3: Enter your question in the associated field.
- Step 4: If you selected a multiple choice question, provide your answers in Answer columns A-E.
- Step 5: In the final five columns, indicate one or more correct answers (e.g. A, C, E); if the question is open-ended, these are optional and may be left blank.
Note: Students must select all the correct answers in order to be scored correct.
Note: If your Excel file contains any errors, Socrative will notify you during the import.