When delivering a Short Answer Quick Question, you have the option to complete the activity with a follow-up vote based on the student answers using whatever criteria you choose. For example, you can have your students vote on the response that they feel is the most valuable or the most incorrect. The results of your student votes will appear on your screen in real time.
How to Start a Vote From a Short Answer Quick Question
- When your students have finished responding to the Short Answer question, click Start Vote.
- Your students will be presented with the class responses as multiple choice questions.
- Ask your students to select an answer based on whatever criteria you choose (such as the best or most incorrect response). You'll see the voting results appear on your screen in real time.
Note: Students can select multiple answers, but may only submit one vote.
- When you are done with the voting activity, click Finish; your students can then Log Out or await another question.
Note: You can start a new Quick Question directly from Live Results—just click one of the question types in the Another Question section at the bottom of the screen.
- As you finish, you will be asked if you would like to Get Reports for the current activity or return To Launch.
- If you choose to Get Reports, you'll be presented with additional report options. Select the desired report type and then decide how you would like to receive your reports (e.g. Email, Download, or Google Drive).
Note: Don't worry if you chose to return To Dashboard, your reports will still be available from Socrative's Reports section.