You can import a quiz two different ways. The first is if another teacher shares their quiz's SOC code with you, you can import the quiz with this code. The second is by importing a quiz through an Excel file.
To import a quiz, go to Quizzes then select Add Quiz and choose Import.
The quiz import menu will pop up.
To Import a Quiz with a SOC Code
Enter the SOC code of the quiz you want to import, then click Import Quiz. If you're not sure what the SOC-code is from your colleague, check out this guide to learn more. The imported quiz will then be added to your Quizzes list and will be ready to use right away.
To Import a Quiz with an Excel File
From the Import menu, select Download Template.
This template is where you can enter the questions for your quiz to upload to Socrative.
- First, enter the name of the quiz.
- In the Question Type column, use the drop-down to select if the question is either “Open-ended” or “Multiple choice”.
- Enter your question in the question column.
- If you selected a multiple choice question, you can enter the answer choices in answer columns. You can import up to 5 different multiple choice answers for a question.
- In the final five columns, indicate one or more answers as correct. Keep in mind, students must select all the correct answers in order to get a question correct.
Once you have the questions entered, save the sheet. Then back in Socrative, from the Import Quiz menu, select Choose File and select your Excel file to import it. It will then import the quiz to Socrative and it will be ready for you to use.
If you get an error during the import, Socrative will indicate if there was an issue with a particular row. If you have questions about importing a quiz, feel free to open a chat in your account with us, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.