Space Races are a fun way to engage students by allowing them to work together on a quiz you have created.
To start a Space Race:
- Go to the Launch
- And click on Space Race.
- Select the quiz you want to deliver as a space race. (Be sure the quiz you select has questions with correct answers selected for each question. The rockets won’t move unless there is a correct answer specified.)
4. Choose your settings on how you'd like to launch the space race. Then when you and your students are ready, click Start.
Choose the number of teams. Students can:
- Play by themselves on their own computer or mobile device
- Play together by sharing a single computer or mobile device
- Play together on the same team, but answering on separate computers or mobile devices
You can select for students to choose their own teams or be randomly assigned to a team.
If you choose auto-assign and there are more students than the number of teams, Socrative will attempt to split them evenly between teams. You can also change the icon or choose to have a countdown (up to 45 minutes; Pro feature only).
Choose your additional quiz settings to customize your space race according to your students' learning.
Once you begin a race, you'll be able to see the team's progress in your Results tab. You can project your screen, so students can watch their progress too.
When you're done, click Finish to gather reports or go back to the Launch page.